Friday, November 1, 2019

Egg Dishes Index: 2019 Edition

The Index is a vital part of this project.  Since I started this project with the 2006 edition, some of the blogs linked are from that edition and I'm not guaranteeing that there have been no changes at all.  You can ask, though, and I probably know the answer.  Starred items are new in the 2019 edition (or at least they weren't in the 2006 version) and ^ are recipes that have a visible change--some have a more descriptive name, some are combined, fairly minor changes.

Look for the "Index 2019" keyword to get to the newer version, "Round 1" to get the original version of the index.

If you found this page on Google because you were searching for a specific recipe that isn't linked, make sure to search for it. I'm usually several months behind updating the indexes.

**Disclaimer!  The recipes cooked in Round 1 might be mildly different--I don't know.  You can let me know in the comments if you catch one that is significantly different.  How will you know the difference?  If it's labeled "Round 1" or the post was written about ten years ago**

My thoughts on the update at the bottom.

Egg dishes:
Number of recipes: 59
Number of recipes in the 2019 edition previously made: 15 or 25.4%


^Soft-boiled eggs I
*Soft-boiled eggs II
^Hard-boiled eggs I
*Hard-boiled eggs II (steamed options added)
Deviled or stuffed eggs
*Pickled eggs
*Beet pickled eggs
*Curry pickled eggs
*Son-in-law eggs
Scotch eggs
Poached eggs
Coddled eggs
*Slow poached eggs
Eggs florentine
Eggs benedict
*Latkes benedict
^ Oeufs en meurette (poached eggs in red wine sauce) (updated name)
*Shakshouka (eggs poached in tomato-pepper sauce)
*Eggs in purgatory
Creamed eggs au gratin
Curried eggs
Creamed eggs with asparagus tips cockaigne
^Baked eggs I
^Baked eggs II (there used to be three)
*Lost eggs
Fried eggs
*Frico eggs
*Breadcrumb fried eggs
Eggs in a basket
Huevos rancheros
*Breakfast chilaquiles
Scrambled eggs I
Scrambled eggs II
*Additions I
*Additions II
*Additions III
*Tex-Mex migas
Matzo brei
*Egg foo young
French omelet (rolled or folded)
^Firm omelet Diner-style (name changed)
Frittata
*Kuku Sabzi (Persian herbed omelet)
Hangtown fry
Artichoke frittata for a crowd
^Tortilla Espanola (Spanish potato omelet) (renamed from Potato omelet (tortilla espanola))
Souffled omelet
Cheese souffle cockaigne
*Vegetable souffle
Goat cheese and walnut souffle
*Vegetable timbale
^Quiche Lorraine (all the following recipes were previously in Brunch Lunch and Supper)
^Cheese quiche
^Tomato and goat cheese quiche
^Leek tart
^Basic strata
Sausage and mushroom strata
*Asparagus strata
Crab strata

Recipes from 2006 edition not in 2019 edition:

Pop's deviled eggs
Poached eggs mornay
Poached eggs blackstone
Eggs with smoked salmon
Scotch woodcock
Eggs baked in a muffin tin I
Eggs baked in a muffin tin II
Eggs in a nest
Spanish omelet
Egg white omelet
Western or Denver omelet
Jam-filled souffled omelet
Grand Marnier souffled omelet
Apple-filled souffled omelet
Savory cheese-and-herb filled souffled omelet
Ham and cheese souffle
Blue cheese-parmesan souffle
Spinach souffle
Mushroom souffle
Broccoli or cauliflower souffle
Carrot souffle
Corn souffle
Sweet potato souffle
Crab or tuna souffle
Basic timbale custard
Spinach, broccoli, or cauliflower timbales
Mushroom timbales
Asparagus timbales
Roasted garlic flan
Natural dye
Food coloring dye
Ham and vegetable strata (originally from BLS but I suspect it would have ended up here)



Thoughts on the update: Man, did omelets and souffles get smacked down!  But I do feel this is a modern update.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Please let me know what you think!

I'm really sorry, I hate comment moderation, but I've been getting annoying Japanese spam messages lately so...comment moderation has started.