Friday, November 1, 2019

Beverages Index: 2019 Edition

The Index is a vital part of this project.  Since I started this project with the 2006 edition, some of the blogs linked are from that edition and I'm not guaranteeing that there have been no changes at all.  You can ask, though, and I probably know the answer.  Starred items are new in the 2019 edition (or at least they weren't in the 2006 version) and ^ are recipes that have a visible change--some have a more descriptive name, some are combined, fairly minor changes.

Look for the "Index 2019" keyword to get to the newer version, "Round 1" to get the original version of the index.

**DISCLAIMER** IF THESE ARE RECIPES THAT WERE IN BOTH THE 2006 EDITION AND THE 2019 EDITION AND I MADE THEM IN ROUND 1, IT'S POSSIBLE THERE ARE MINOR DIFFERENCES.

If you found this page on Google because you were searching for a specific recipe that isn't linked, make sure to search for it. I'm usually several months behind updating the indexes.

My thoughts on the update at the bottom.

Beverages:
Number of recipes:
Number of recipes in the 2019 edition previously made:

Drip coffee
Steeped coffee
Vacuum-method coffee
Percolated coffee
Coffee in quantity
*Cold -brew coffee
Iced coffee
^Turkish or Middle Eastern coffee (added "Middle Eastern")
*Vietnamese coffee
*Cuban coffee
Frozen coffee
*Cold-brewed tea
^Masala chai (previously just "Chai")
*Iced tea
Sweet southern iced tea
*Thai iced tea
Hot cocoa
Cocoa syrup
Quick hot cocoa
Ganache for hot chocolate
Quick hot chocolate I
Quick hot chocolate II
Spiced hot cocoa
Spiced hot chocolate
*Champurrado (masa-thickened hot chocolate)
*Mayan hot chocolate
Brazilian chocolate
Kai
Iced chocolate
Egg cream
*Tomato-vegetable juice I: Fresh tomatoes (I previously made this with canned tomatoes)
^Tomato-vegetable juice II: Canned or bottled tomato juice (previously "Tomato juice II")
Citrus juice medley
Cranberry juice
^Tomato-celery-carrot juice (previously not "juice" but "cooler"
*Pineapple-mango juice
*Carrot-beet-ginger juice
*Kale-ginger lemonade
*Fruit smoothie
*Green smoothie
Chocolate cherry smoothie
*Peanut butter and banana smoothie
Papaya-mango batido
Mango lassi
Fruit kefir
Ice cream float
Milk shake
Fruit milk shake
*Vietnamese avocado shake
^Lemonade or limeade (previously "Old-fashioned lemonade or limeade")
*Flavored or Italian soda
Fruit soda
*Agua fresca
*Horchata
*Panakam
*Spicy ginger ale
*Switchel
Watermelon punch
Cranberry-mango punch
Pineapple punch
Fruit punch
^Simple syrup (Sugar syrup)
Fruit syrup
*Citrus syrup
Herb syrup I
Herb syrup II
Spiced syrup
*Grenadine
*Fruit shrub

Recipes from 2006 edition not in 2019 edition:

French press pot coffee
Instant coffee
Jamaican coffee
Irish coffee
Cafe Diablo
Iced coffee Viennese
Spiced tea
Flavored iced tea I
Flavored iced tea II
Flavored iced tea III
Herbal tea
Iced hibiscus tea
Tomato juice I
Orange-tomato juice
Orange-lime juice
Broth on the rocks
Fruit juice combination
Pineapple grapefruit juice
Raspberry or blackberry shrub
Hot cranberry juice
Mulled cider
Beet-carrot-grape juice
Celery-apple-watermelon splash
Pineapple juice
Orange-melon juice
Pineapple-cucumber cocktail
Tropical juice
Ice cream soda
Flying mocha monkey
Strawberry smoothie
Tropical smoothie
papaya coconut smoothie
Breakfast smoothie
Herbed lemonade or limeade I
Herbed lemonade or limeade II
Pink lemonade
Quick lemonade or limeade I
Quick lemonade or limeade II
Quick lemonade or limeade III
Pomegranate sunburst punch
Lemonade for 100 people
Fruit punch for 50 people
Strawberry fruit punch
Gala tomato punch
Cocomoka hot
Cocomoka cold
Berry syrup
Lemon or lime syrup

Thoughts: I think there are some recipes that were just renamed but I'm not entirely sure.  I think this was a good modernization. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Please let me know what you think!

I'm really sorry, I hate comment moderation, but I've been getting annoying Japanese spam messages lately so...comment moderation has started.