Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Omnivore's 100 Meme

If you do this on a blog, link it back to me so I can read it! And it's interesting--I don't know what some of these are and other foods are in TJOC, I just haven't got to them yet.

If you don't have a blog, count up your numbers in the comments! I would love to know!

And I double posted tonight so check both entries :)


How the Omnivore's 100 Works:
1) Copy this list into your blog or journal, including these instructions.
2) Bold all the items you’ve eaten.
3) Cross out any items that you would never consider eating.
4) Optional: Post a comment at Very Good Taste, linking to your results.

(53/100) My Omnivore’s Hundred:
1. Venison
2. Nettle tea
3. Huevos rancheros
4. Steak tartare
5. Crocodile
6. Black Pudding
7. Cheese Fondue
8. Carp
9. Borscht
10. Baba ghanoush -- I LOVE BG and I've made the TJOC version :)
11. Calamari--every Christmas we make a BIG batch!
12. Pho
13. PB&J sandwich
14. Aloo gobi--my favorite Indian food! And I've made the TJOC version :)
15. Hot dog from a street cart
16. Epoisses
17. Black truffle (in Tokyo)
18. Fruit wine made from something other than grapes
19. Steamed pork buns --and I don't like them!
20. Pistachio ice cream--and I don't like it, although I LOVE pistachios....
21. Heirloom tomatoes
22. Fresh wild berries--sure, I've battled the briars for tasty berries :) I love berries!
23. Foie gras --I'm not a fan
24. Rice and beans
25. Brawn or head cheese
26. Raw Scotch Bonnet pepper (I would probably die!)
27. Dulce de leche
28. Oysters
29. Baklava--I love baklava!
30. Bagna cauda--anchovies!
31. Wasabi peas--I love wasabi and I love peas but the combo...not so much
32. Clam chowder in a sourdough bowl --thank you Emily--ate this in San Fransisco :)
33. Salted lassi (i'd much rather have a mango lassi--what's a salted lassi?)
34. Sauerkraut
35. Root beer float--sounds great right now!
36. Cognac with a fat cigar (Cognac, yes. Fat cigar, no)
37. Clotted Cream Tea--I've had milk tea in Japan, but not clotted cream
38. Vodka Jelly/Jell-O (huge fan of jello shots!)
39. Gumbo --the best was with Rachel in New Orleans!
40. Oxtail
41. Curried goat (this is actually in TJOC--I just haven't got there yet)
42. Whole insects
43. Phaal
44. Goat's milk
45. Malt whisky from a bottle worth $120 or more--sounds great!
46. Fugu
47. Chicken tikka masala
48. Eel
49. Krispy Kreme original glazed doughnut
50. Sea urchin--really pretty good if it's super fresh (a plus of living next to the Tsukiji fish market!
51. Prickly pear
52. Umeboshi--really sour
53. Abalone
54. Paneer
55. McDonald’s Big Mac Meal (not in almost a decade)--oddly, I never have
56. Spaetzle
57. Dirty gin martini --if only it said vodka--I don't like gin!
58. Beer above 8% ABV--the best kind of beer!
59. Poutine
60. Carob chips
61. S’mores--even made them with homemade marshmallows!
62. Sweetbreads--in Laredo Texas on a research project
63. kaolin
64. Currywurst
65. Durian
66. Frogs’ legs--bizarrely, I ate this in China
67. Beignets, churros, elephant ears or funnel cake (all of 'em!--I love beignets--here I come, Erin!)
68. Haggis
69. Fried plantain--I LOVE fried plantains although I haven't made them in years
70. Chitterlings or andouillette
71. Gazpacho
72. Caviar and blini - Beluga caviar from Russia with my aunts :)
73. Louche absinthe
74. Gjetost or brunost
75. Roadkill (I have a feeling I will never eat this...)
76. Baijiu
77. Hostess Fruit Pie--sadly
78. Snail--Yum!
79. Lapsang Souchong
80. Bellini--I love Bellinis and Mimosas
81. Tom Yum
82. Eggs Benedict
83. Pocky--many many flavors while I was in Japan (and I have milk, blueberry, and Brazilian pudding Pocky on my table right now)
84. 3 Michelin Star Tasting Menu
85. Kobe beef--thank you Japan!
86. Hare
87. Goulash
88. Flowers --if Lavender counts
89. Horse--sure have
90. Criollo chocolate
91. Spam--I've seen it made, been to the museum, everything
92. Soft shell crab
93. Rose harissa
94. Catfish
95. Mole poblano
96. Bagel and lox
97. Lobster Thermidor
98. Polenta--thank you Mom!
99. Jamaican Blue Mountain coffee
100. Snake


Add to Technorati Favorites

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Please let me know what you think!

I'm really sorry, I hate comment moderation, but I've been getting annoying Japanese spam messages lately so...comment moderation has started.