Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Cheese toast (p. 182)

I was hungry and I wondered if there were any quick recipes left in TJOC. I found Cheese toast (p. 182)



This is such a short post! So I will answer a short quiz (and would love you to answer it too!).

Favorite:

Breakfast item: Hash browns--but the little squares, not the shreds. I LOVE the TJOC recipe. Incorporating the cream just makes the even more delicious. Granted, I don't regularly eat breakfast so I usually make hash browns for lunch or dinner.

Soup: Tortilla soup (no chicken). I make it all the time. IMO, it's vital to make your own tortilla chips (it only takes a few minutes!) and your own chicken stock (so that you can control the salt content). I really love soup. I REALLY love soup.

Dessert: I like old-fashioned desserts. I make a great rice pudding and an amazing bread pudding. My blueberry buckle is amazing. And I love pineapple upside-down cake but I can only eat it if it's made with canned pineapple (I'm allergic to fresh--the canning process inactivates the enzyme I'm allergic to).

Spice: I must be bland, because I think my favorite spices are vanilla and pepper (although rarely together). I don't like cinnamon, making me a real anomaly (or so it seems).

Ice cream flavor: Butter pecan or pralines and cream, hands down. Josh makes Earl Grey ice cream all the time and it tastes too much like flowers to me.

Beer: Lindeman's lambic in cassis. LOVE IT.

Ask me more favorites! Tell me yours!

Add to Technorati Favorites

4 comments:

  1. You cheese toast looks delicious! That is one of my favorites. I have so many favorite foods that I couldn't even begin to list them. Probably the only foods I really don't like are oysters and raisins.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have an amazing blog, it is really very awesome, if you’re interested here is the link to my blog of poetry, it would be awesome if you could check it out and follow if you like.

    http://thehumanicana.blogspot.com/

    Hoping you have a wonderful week filled with inspiration and laughter,
    Grant-Grey

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, another cinnamon dislike here! Also like your beer choice. :)
    I'm not a big soup person but Kishore soooo is. I should really try making my own stock to make it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Breakfast item: This is really difficult because I love breakfast- the meats, the potatoes, the pastries, the baked goods, cold cereal, hot cereal, toast....I think the most unique thing that I REALLY enjoy is part of the Irish Breakfast: the fried tomato, which is generally either halved or quartered & fried in bacon or sausage grease. Oddly, the breakfast we had from the cafeteria in Prague: 3 kinds of bread (good start), a package of sliced deli meat, a package of spreadable cheese (Laughing Cow, I think), tomato wedges, and cucumber slices. Bizarre. If you got there early enough, there were plain cornflakes.

    Soup: Hot and sour soup; I have never made it. The favorite one I make is probably chili.

    Dessert: Buttermilk Brownie or cake with ice cream. I am off chocolate this month, but absurdly made buttermilk brownies (my Grandmother's recipe) for a gathering- I can seriously eat an entire pan in, oh, three sittings, but we still have 1/3 of them left over a week later.

    Spice: Lawry's seasoned salt- does that count? If not, probably black pepper. These two things are probably the most versatile in my collection; I am a big fan of cumin, smoked paprika, and chili powder.

    Ice cream flavor: Ben & Jerry's Phish Food. Second is probably the amazing canvas that DQ vanilla soft serve presents. I like it plain, too.

    Beer: Blue Moon

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please let me know what you think!

I'm really sorry, I hate comment moderation, but I've been getting annoying Japanese spam messages lately so...comment moderation has started.