Monday, October 12, 2009

Randomly Generated List #2

As I mentioned before, I'm stealing an idea from Teena of the Gourmet Project. She uses a random number generator to generate page numbers and she has to cook something off of them every so often. It's a good way to make sure that you aren't avoiding recipes--otherwise I could end up with a year of really nasty-looking foods that I didn't want to make.

I'm going to post my list (that way I can't cheat!). I plan on making at least one recipe every two weeks. I can make any recipe off of the page but the recipe has to start on the page in question. I have to make them all before I can move on to the next set (we will see how that works!).

**One major change and some of you might think this is cheating--I have decided that I can carry over up to five dishes once (and only once)--and add as many other dishes to get to 25**

Here is the list (page number, abbreviated chapter title, (eventually) what I made and the date):
ETA: I decided to list all the possibilities per page so I could easily refer to this page. When I make something, it will be linked and the discarded choices will be deleted :)


77, Appetizers and Hors D'Oeuvres: Marinated goat cheese with fresh thyme 2/18/10
139, Stocks and soups: Scotch broth, pepper pot
145, Stocks and soups: Cream of onion soup, 1/6/10
166, Salads: Pickled beet salad, 1/25/10
175, Salads: Molded cranberry salad, 11/26/09
201, Egg dishes: Spanish omelet, egg white omelet
237, Fruits: Tamarind dipping sauce, 12/31/09
381, Shellfish: Grilled, broiled, or roasted soft-shell crabs, Steaamed blue crabs, Poached (or boiled) hard-shelled crabs, Crab cakes
431, Poultry and wildfowl: Chicken paprika (paprikas csirke), 2/10/10
440, Poultry and wildfowl: Sauteed chicken livers, 1/6/10
448, Poultry and wildfowl: Roast duck a la orange (bigarade), 1/16/11
586, Savory sauces, salad dressing, marinades, and rubs: Teriyaki marinade, 8/30/10
600, Breads and coffee cakes: Oat bread cockaigne, Buttermilk potato bread, Challah
611, Breads and coffee cakes: Parker house rolls, 1/16/11
649, Pancakes, waffles, fritters, and doughnuts: Buckwheat crepes
691, Pies and pastries:Apple, peach, or plum cake cockaigne, 7/14/10
731, Cakes and cupcakes: Strawberry icebox cake, Mocha ice cream cake, Sicilian cassata, Moors' heads (mohrenkopfe)
776, Cookies and bars: Chocolate icebox cookies, 3/8/11
814, Desserts: Pineapple snow, Snow pudding
823, Desserts: Cottage pudding, Perisimmon buttermilk pudding, Pumpkin buttermilk pudding, Indian pudding, Sticky toffee pudding
838, Frozen desserts and sweet sauces: Lemon sherbet, lime sherbet, cranberry sherbet, Ice pops I, Ice pops II, Snow cream

Hold-overs from the last list:
127, Soups: Jellied soup, jellied tomato soup, jellied beet soup
520, Meat (variety meats...joy of joys...): Baked stuffed heart, 1/16/11
791, Icings: Fluffy nut or coconut icing, luscious orange icing, chocolate fudge frosting
816, Desserts: Chocolate mousse, chocolate mousse with gelatin, white chocolate mousse with toasted almonds

2 comments:

  1. Wow, this list looks really yummy! I'd say the only downer is the list of chicken liver options.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have more stuff done on this list! I LOVE LISTS

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please let me know what you think!

I'm really sorry, I hate comment moderation, but I've been getting annoying Japanese spam messages lately so...comment moderation has started.