Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Creamy Pasta with Chard and Tomatoes (p. 328)

I decided that even though I feel horrible, not eating can't possibly be helping me, so I started searching TJOC for easy, fast recipes. The Pasta, Noodles, and Dumplings chapter is absolutely jam-packed with super-easy recipes. I decided to make Creamy Pasta with Chard and Tomatoes (p. 328)

Start by cooking onion, garlic, and red pepper flakes in olive oil. A cup of chopped tomatoes are then added and it's cooked down for about five minutes.




In the mean time, start the pasta cooking! It recommends fettuccine or egg noodles but I don't like either...so I used rotini:



The red chard is then added and it's cooked until wilted. TJOC says two minutes, it really took about fifteen, like usual.




Heavy cream is mixed in...





Then the drained pasta and 3/4 cup of Parmesan are added in...




It was DELICIOUS! Josh doesn't like chard so it was all mine...and I ate it all over three meals. I fried it up in some olive oil the second two times because I don't like microwaved pasta (it gets soggy and gross). Yum! Creamy, cheesy, and the chard was very tasty. It was also very filling


My mother pointed out that all of the food pictures on my blog are ugly so I am going to really try to post at least one decent food picture on each blog. I'll let you guess which picture is the one I feel is artistic (it's the last one!).


I just posted a bunch of blogs--five--and I still have two more to go...make sure you read them all!

Add to Technorati Favorites

2 comments:

  1. Pastas are always my goto "easy" recipes for when I'm not feeling the kitchen love.
    Hope you start feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please let me know what you think!

I'm really sorry, I hate comment moderation, but I've been getting annoying Japanese spam messages lately so...comment moderation has started.