Sunday, December 19, 2010

Roasted garlic dressing (p. 575)

I decided to make salad dressing and Roasted garlic dressing (p. 575) sounded pretty damn delicious.

I roasted a head of garlic and some shallots with a little olive oil. They went from this:


To this:


Doesn't that look amazingly tasty? I combined them (obviously after peeling the garlic) with olive oil, lemon juice, white wine vinegar, Dijon mustard, thyme, rosemary, and bit of salt and pepper and blended in the small food processor:


I added olive oil while running the blender (yes, I switched from a little food processor to a blender, making two appliances dirty):


How was it? It was certainly simple. I love roasted garlic, shallots, Dijon mustard, pretty much every ingredient in this salad dressing. But something about it just didn't work for me. It was oddly sweet and didn't have much garlic flavor (bizarre for how much garlic was in the recipe). I probably won't make it again--it was pretty boring and TJOC has much, much better and more flavorful salad dressing recipes.


Add to Technorati Favorites

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Please let me know what you think!

I'm really sorry, I hate comment moderation, but I've been getting annoying Japanese spam messages lately so...comment moderation has started.