Monday, April 5, 2010

Fish baked in a covered dish (p. 399)

When I figured out how far I was in each chapter, I was thrilled to see that I was over 10% in almost every chapter and as high as 35% in some chapters. Unfortunately, there were some really low chapters and "fish" was definitely one of those. I bought some sea bass on sale and thought that Fish baked in a covered dish (p. 399) would be a great use of it.

I combined butter, black pepper, and a bit of nutmeg. I like when recipes start with all this butter!



I then spread the butter on the fish, which wasn't as easy as it sounds. The butter did NOT want to spread! I popped the lid on my Le Crueset and put it in the oven.



While the fish was cooking, I melted some butter in a small saucepan and added capers, parsley (dried), chives (freeze-dried), lemon juice, and some salt and pepper:



When the fish was done I poured the butter mixture over the top:



This was SOOOOOO good. Really easy and absolutely delicious. The fish was flaky and perfectly cooked and the briny capers cut through the super buttery taste perfectly. I think fish and capers go together so well! I like recipes where you essentially throw everything in a pot and call it a day so this recipe was right up my alley.

Add to Technorati Favorites

1 comment:

  1. That looks yummy! The ingredients remind me a little bit of Ina Garten's mustard roasted fish, which I love to make because it takes about 10 minutes and only dirties one pan. Here's the recipe if you want to try it-- even though it's not from TJOC ;) http://bit.ly/bOyXyo

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please let me know what you think!

I'm really sorry, I hate comment moderation, but I've been getting annoying Japanese spam messages lately so...comment moderation has started.