Saturday, July 5, 2014

Popsugar: May

I'm very behind on all these box reviews so I'm going to flood you with them until I get caught up and then I'll write them within the week I get them.  I apologize in advance!!  

Popsugar Must Have boxes:  "Every day we are pitched hundreds of new products. We love testing them all out and sharing our favorites with our readers.
For over five years, our editors and I have been reporting about our monthly must haves. Now we'll curate the very best in home, fashion, and beauty and send them right to your door.
Imagine getting an awesome surprise present every month, full of fun products for you to enjoy!"

The unveiling--and remember, if you want beautiful pictures, you've came to the wrong blog.  These pictures are what's going to happen when you actually open your box, assuming you aren't the Martha Stewart type.  And if you are, I bow in your direction.

I'm linking everything below to Amazon.

I don't have a picture of the box but I'm sure I will on the June post.


Item 1:  Hi I'm Skinny Sticks in sweet onion

"Just because swimsuit season is approaching doesn't mean snacking should be off-limits. Luckily, these Hi I'm Skinny Multi-Grain Sweet Onion Sticks are a supertasty and healthy alternative to chips and cookies. With 40 percent less fat than potato chips, 15 grams of whole grains per serving, and only four calories per stick, you can satisfy your munchies guilt-free."

My take: I'm usually not on board with the food items out of all these boxes.  I don't like onions and I expect not to like these so they are being saved for visitors (visitors always love all the saved snack food).

Verdict: Kept to give away

Value:  $3.36 (most prices are taken from Amazon, although if I can't get them off Amazon I will get them off of other sources.  I find the little booklets that come with them aren't actually the sales price).


Item 2: One Day Fat Blast DVD

"Give your metabolism a boost and get fit with the ladies from Bravo's Tone It Up. For those of you who are always on the go or can't make it to the gym, this Tone It Up DVD will be your new obsession. Since each calorie-blasting workout is only 30 minutes long, you can fit in a quick session before your next beach day or vacation. Sculpt and tone your body to unveil your sexiest self this season."

My take:This DVD is based on the women from the Bravo show "Tone It Up" which I'm embarrassed to say I really like.  Those women have smoking bodies and I like workout DVDs.

Verdict:  Keep!  Happily keep!

Value:  $9,98






Item 3: Obsessive Compulsive Nail Lacquer in Pool Boy

"Kick off your Summer the bright way with your Pool Boy Nail Lacquer from Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics. The polish is densely pigmented so you get super-long-lasting results with little product. Better yet, this quick-drying nail lacquer is 100 percent vegan and cruelty-free. You'll want to debut your polish poolside all Summer long."

My take:  The color is great--very modern and bright, but I'm a loyalist when it comes to nail polish and stick almost exclusively with OPI and Chanel.  Regardless, this really is a beautiful color.

Verdict:  Trading or selling.

Value:  $6.99

Item 4: Smell Bent St. Tropez Dispenser 

"If a beach vacation isn't in the cards this year, why not bring a little piece of paradise to you?Smell Bent's St. Tropez Dispenser turns your Summer into one fabulous beach party. Escape to your favorite tropical island with the intoxicating blend of jasmine absolute and fresh coconut aromas. It's a relaxing beach day in a bottle!"

My take:  I'm extremely finicky about perfume.  I'm allergic to a huge range of it, so I rarely keep it.  That being said, I think this smells great, I'm just not willing to risk it.

Verdict:  Sell/trade/send to a friend

Value:  $45


Item 2: Kerry Cassill eye mask

"Summer is the season for relaxation. But with the days getting longer, sometimes it's hard to get the beauty rest we need. Now you can sleep peacefully with your printed Kerry Cassill Eye Mask. It's made with soft voile cotton, so you'll find out why sweet dreams are made of this!."

My take:  This is a really pretty eye mask but I can't sleep in them and the light doesn't bother me.

Verdict:  Sell/trade/send to a friend

Value:  $24



(This is not my picture, it's from the ZingAnything website for a reason I will explain later)

Item 6: ZingAnything Citrus Zinger water bottle

"Quench your thirst in a refreshing new way. With the Citrus Zinger by Zing Anything, you will never go back to plain water again. Press lemons, limes, or any other citrus directly into your water for an energizing drink. This zinger will keep you hydrated even on scorching-hot days. Perfect to take to yoga, the office, or, better yet, the beach!"

My take: I despise flavored water but I think I'm the oddity.  These were trading and selling fast and furiously around the internet.

Verdict:  I saw it and immediately sent it to my mother--she is constantly infusing her water with lemon and this seems like a much easier method.  She really likes it.

Value:  $20


All in all, I came up with $109.43 for $39.95.  Well worth it and probably my favorite box of all.  This particular box didn't knock it out of the park for me but they usually do.

Another month?  Absolutely, this is one of my favorite boxes by far

To join:  http://popsu.gr/qqYH.   I'm not going to go into shipping speed or delivery method--if you want that, there are plenty of other blogs that will give you that information.

CODE
SEND YOUR FRIENDS $5 OFF POPSUGAR MUST HAVE!
Share the code REFER5 with your friends and family, and they will receive $5 off their first delivery. 

As always, I swap on my Pinterest page, so if you want to buy any of the stuff that didn't quite trip my trigger, email me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Please let me know what you think!

I'm really sorry, I hate comment moderation, but I've been getting annoying Japanese spam messages lately so...comment moderation has started.