Sunday, July 20, 2014

Lootcrate: July

Loot Crate: "Loot Crate is the monthly gear and swag club for those that live and embrace the geek and gaming lifestyle. Loot Crate is a product discovery box, connecting our subscribers, known as Looters, with the best new and emerging companies producing gear, snacks, toys, hardware, art, and other goodies for the geek and gaming market. Each month, Loot Crate handpicks 6-8 new items to include in the box, which are kept secret until the boxes are delivered!"  Every month has a theme and May's theme was VILLAINS.

I am definitely a geek (thousands of comics, walls covered in comic and video game art, love of comic conventions, lover of urban fantasy novels (HARRY DRESDEN FOREVER!), and such but there are huge swaths of geekery that I'm not into so I didn't know how this box would go for me.

This is what the box looks like:



LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE the actual crate this month.  It's hilarious!  Good job, Lootcrate!




Item 1:  A Loki/Joker mash-up shirt

Apparently there isn't always a shirt but, when there is, they warn you so you can select the correct size.  Not only is this beyond not my style, I'm not a big Joker or Loki fan....

Verdict: ...so this will be either given away or sold.

My take:  It's clever and cute but not my style 

Value: $20?  This is going to have to be a guess.


Item 2:   Bowser propaganda style magnet

My take: AWESOME.  Already on the fridge.  I have some awesome propoganda style posters I got at C2E2 from Justonescarf (WHO IS AWESOME AND I WILL OWN ALL HIS STUFF ONE DAY).

Verdict: Keep!

Value: $5?

Item 3:  I'm not going into detail on the pin.  You get a pin every month, believe it or not, there is a market for them, its's going on ebay.

Value: $1? Who knows.

Item 4:  Darth Vader Key Chain

My take: I'm not that into Star Wars (I know, I know) but it's actually pretty attractive and does fit well into the theme.

Verdict: Sell or give it away as a gift

Value: $10?  Hard to know, I rarely guess keychain prices more.  But I'm going to link to a keychain I like more:  





Item 5:   Lootcrate exclusive Rocket Raccoon Comic

My take: I think this is cool, I like Guardians of the Galaxy and it's just in time for the movie!  

Verdict: I'm thinking keep.

Value: $3.99




Item 4:  Necessary Evil DVD

"Christopher Lee narrates this awesome documentary that explores the villains of the DC Universe for over seven decades of incredible comic book chaos"

My take:I'm not a DC fan.

Verdict: Sell or give it away as a gift

Value: $10?  Almost impossible to know.  



Item 6:  Deadpool socks

My take:I love Deadpool!!  And these are easy socks to wear because they aren't over the top geeky.  Like when you have Wonder Woman underpants under your suit.   Yours little dorky secret.

Verdict: Keep or gift to a beloved friend.

Value: $10? I'm guessing everything at $10.



Item 7:  Harley Quinn and Joker posters

My take:I'm not a DC fan.  But these really are pretty cool, the style is awesome--they just don't fit with my decor.  Don't get me wrong, it's all geekery, but it's not this type.

Verdict: Give away to a friend, I'm thinking, right now.

Value: $10?  Almost impossible to know.


All in all, about $59.99 worth of stuff for about $20.  

Another month?  Yes, I'm sticking with Lootcrate for another month.

To join Loot Crate click here!  It's $19.37 a month.  I'm not going to go into shipping speed or delivery method--if you want that, there are plenty of other blogs that will give you that information.


CODE:  If you order now and use the code VILLAINS you get 10% off your first month!  (this is only going to work in July, I assume)

As always, I swap on my Pinterest page, so if you want to buy any of the stuff that didn't quite trip my trigger, email me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Please let me know what you think!

I'm really sorry, I hate comment moderation, but I've been getting annoying Japanese spam messages lately so...comment moderation has started.