Saturday, July 5, 2014

Glossybox: June

I'm very behind on all these box reviews so I'm going to flood you with them until I get caught up and then I'll write them within the week I get them.  I apologize in advance!!  

Glossybox:  The June Glossybox was a Stars and Stripes edition.  In their words "We're kicking off summer with a celebration of red, white, and blue. The custom designed Stars & Stripes GLOSSYBOX features five beauty products that are all proudly made in America, including an exclusive-to-GLOSSYBOX red and blue nail polish from Strangebeautiful."

The unveiling--and remember, if you want beautiful pictures, you've came to the wrong blog.  These pictures are what's going to happen when you actually open your box, assuming you aren't the Martha Stewart type.  And if you are, I bow in your direction.

The box:


Everything in the box:


These are hard boxes to cost out because they are very, very high end products but these are samples.  So I'm going to divide out the full size amount into a trial size and we will see how that works.

Item 1:  Strangebeautiful Colorbloc

"Transforming the color of your nails is in the palm of your hand, pocket, bag and countless other places. Create an effortless moment and restyle your nail color any time and anywhere. STRANGEBEAUTIFUL COLORBLOCs are outstanding for travel and splendid to hold. Comprised of two 4ml bottles of super saturated compelling colors encased in an efficient geometric design."

My take: This is absolutely bizarre but I'm really only willing to wear dark blue and red nail polishes (with the occasional metallic) so I'm thrilled about these tiny polishes.

Verdict: KEEP!

Value:  Full price is $18/0.15 fluid ounces.  This is full sized, apparently.

Item 2:  Camille Beckman Platinume Gold Imperial Repair Hand Therapy

"Providing definitive relief, Imperial Repair Hand Therapy is specifically formulated to restore, soften and soothe your hands to optimal wellbeing. Richly crafted with glycerin, sweet almond oil, grape seed oil and our signature herbal complex. Travel size. Paraben free, Phenoxyethanol free, Dye free, and Gluten free. No animal by-products or animal testing. Made in America.."

My take: I like this.  A nice fresh smell.  And it's always great to have things that are travel-sized.

Verdict: KEEP!
Value:  Full price is $20/6 fluid ounces.  This is 1.35 fluid oz, so I'm estimating $4.5.

Item 3:  Sumita Beauty Champagne Eye Shadow Pencil

"Radiant Color + Easy Application + Crease-Resistance Oh, so easy... An eye shadow pencil that also doubles to create smokey eye accents! Deliver a daily dose of color in a snap without fear of smearing or smudging. Designed to apply as smooth as silk allowing you to enhance and accentuate your eyes with the ease and precision of a pencil."

My take: I like this.  I've never tried an eyeshadow pencil but I really like the idea.  Anyone have any ideas?  I'm sure I can find a good YouTube tutorial and the color seems like something I could pull off.

Verdict: KEEP!
Value:  Full price is $18/.08 fluid ounces.  This one appears to be full sized!

Item 4:  Rusk Texture Dry Finishing Spray

"Great style starts with a great cut. But it needs a texturing hairspray to show off its killer shape. Like an instant volumizer, it injects fullness and natural movement with a few quick bursts. Spray, sway and stun. That’s how RUSK® Texture Spray rolls."

My take:I was totally sold on keeping this until I just read that description.  I don't  have a killer haircut, I have stick straight waist length hair.  I think  it should go to someone who actually styles their hair.

Verdict: Sell/send to a friend (I have a lot of friends with great hair)
Value:  Full price is $18/8 fluid ounces.  This one is 1.5 oz, so I'll estimate $3.38


Item 5:  Ayres Patagonia Body Butter

"Natural ultra-rich creamy body butter enriched with plant emollients, herbal extracts and vitamins to provide relief from dry, rough skin. The natural antioxidant benefits of vitamin E provide protection to your skin while shea nut butter gives long-lasting hydration. Drift away on a cool breeze of delicate jasmine and aromatic rosemary blended with lavender, bergamot, ylang-ylang, oakmoss, patchouli and fir. Inspired by Patagonia’s snow-capped mountains and blue lagoons, this fresh scent inspires a soothing sense of calm.."

My take: I like this.  I have soooooo much lotion but I do like this--it smells great and fresh.

Verdict: I'm not actually sure yet.
Value:  Full price is $28/6.75 fluid ounces. Mine is 1 ounce so I'm going to estimate $4.15.

This is a gift card for cwonder.com.  Mine is worth $5 and that's not particularly worth it to me, so if you want it, leave your email in the comments and I'll send it to you.



All in all, about 48.03 for about $21/month.  Definately worth it, although not as amazing as last month.

Another month?  Surprisingly, yes.

To join: Click here

CODE:  I don't have a code for this right now.

As always, I swap on my Pinterest page, so if you want to buy any of the stuff that didn't quite trip my trigger, email me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Please let me know what you think!

I'm really sorry, I hate comment moderation, but I've been getting annoying Japanese spam messages lately so...comment moderation has started.