Sunday, July 6, 2014

Barkbox: June

Barkbox!  I love my Barkbox.   I managed to get my first month at a hellava deal and it's been worth every penny so far.  

Barkbox explains itself as "When you sign up for BarkBox, every month you will receive a box in the mail with four or more carefully selected products and presents for your dog – anything from toys, bones and all-natural treats to hygiene products and innovative new gadgets!"

Unfortunately, the dog has figured out that one of these boxes is for her and now stands excitedly over every box, every month.  It's a fight to take these pictures.
See that first toy?  The one facing us that looks like it might be a monkey?


Here is the other side (ignore the mess, this has been a month of extreme housecleaning):



This toy actually has no head at all.  It's just a baboon ass.  It's extremely disturbing.  And the dog LOVES it.  It's currently her favorite toy.

So, 
Item 1:The original Silly Bums (Nuthin' butt fun for your dog) (yes, it really says that)

"
  • Unique plush dog toy made with soft fur and enticing crinkle material
  • Also includes a squeaker inside
  • Suitable for any breed of dog"


My take: So, it appears that it is difficult to find this baboon toy in the US so I included a link to what I feel is equally inappropriate, a beaver.  The prices are all over the board.  I wish the dog didn't like this toy but she does so...

Verdict: ::Sigh:: Keep.

Value:  $7.99?





Item 2: Pet Qwerks Toys plush frog

It's a plush frog that is surprisingly difficult to find an actual description of.  It squeaks, there isn't a whole lot to say about it.

My take: Cute, squeaky, the dog likes it.  But not as much as that ass-toy.

Verdict:  Keep

Value:  $11?  Another hard one to figure out.

Item 3:  Healthy Dogma Blissful Banana Crisps

"
  • Banana Crisp Treats are all natural and healthy for your dogs
  • These are great as a training treat and can easily be broken into smaller pieces
  • Banana Crisps make a great energy snack and are easy on tummies"

My take: The first time I gave a banana crisp to the dog, she looked at me like "Where is my real treat?"  She now will eat them but I wouldn't say she loves them.

Verdict: Keep but I'm not buying these again.  Quit thinking about what you want to eat when you buy your dog treats (dried banana) and buy what the dog would actually like (liver treats).

Value:  $11.87


Item 3:  Primal freeze-dried beef liver snacks.

My take: The dog really likes them so they seem to be a winner.

Verdict: Keep.

Value:  $4.99? These don't appear to be sold anymore?  The turkey liver ones are everywhere though and I think they'd be similar.  Probably better but that's mostly because I don't like beef liver (the dog does, though, and that's what really matters).


All in all, about $35.85 or so for about $18-$29 depending on how many months you sign up for.  Pretty good deal and the dog is getting much more variety in treats than she would get if I was randomly buying them at the grocery store.

Another month?  Absolutely.  I love never having to buy treats and trying all the new items.

To join Barkbox: Click here to get 10% off of your first Barkbox.

CODE:  Click the above link and get your first for 10% off

As always, swap on my Pinterest page, so if you want to buy any of the stuff that didn't quite trip my trigger, email me!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Please let me know what you think!

I'm really sorry, I hate comment moderation, but I've been getting annoying Japanese spam messages lately so...comment moderation has started.